Sunday, October 7, 2007

Taffy McFay

This is one of the last pictures that I took of Taffy. She was a very good dog who lived with my parents. Born in 1993, died September 24, 2007. Taffy enjoyed barking at falling leaves; and chasing small rodents that she did not know what to do with if she caught them. When she was a young puppy she ate the pearls off of the buttons on a favorite white sweater of mine - I realized she had done this when walking her and finding small white pearls in her poop. I once feared for her life when she nosed her way into my kitchen cupboard and ate a half a box of unsweetened dark brick chocolate, she immediately got sick on my light gray carpet (it took several months of daily shampooing to remove). I found her shaking and shivering next to the door when I came home from work that day.

She was a very good judge of character having peed on a lap of a not so nice neighbor in Colorado Springs.

She went to live with my parents in 1994, at which time she was adopted by them and became a very good companion to both of them. She was always excited about thunderstorms, and liked to announce the arrival of anyone who came to visit. She was preceeded in death by "Cat" her good friend a tabby cat.

We will miss you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: